David-aviator

Well Known Member
I will attempt to post a few images of life in the country at an air park in Missouri. There are lots of air parks around the county. This one is neat in that it was a farm at one time and many features of the farm are retained.
troyhomeunderconstructipa6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The building with the white roof is our hangar. The house is under construction at the "Y" of the roads. The runway is at upper left just beyond another hangar, which is just across the road from a small horse stable.
movetothecountrymv4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Hangar complete, RV ready to go.
margieatworkcw0.jpg
[/URL]
[/IMG]
Wife, Margie at work.

Great Framing Crew at Work. These guys were local farmers who frame houses for money, farming is tough in this area.
greatframingcrewvt3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Finished product. We've been here 2 years and have been busy installing an irrigation system and lots of plants. My wife is a master gardener and even though a bed rock city woman, is beginning to love life in the country. There are 30 some lots at this place with 5 homes at this time. Airplanes include a Bonanza, a couple Cessnas, a Piper Commanche, a Pitts, a Luscome, a Thorpe, a Cub and one other RV-6A, there are many more airplanes here than people. Most have built a hangar but no home, yet. One guy has parts of 4 airplanes in his hangar and one flying.

Pool going in.
poolgoinginbv6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
One year later, visiting grandkids.

And finally, in keeping with a RV forum, OSH 06.
lastbutnotleastosh06um1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Beautiful Place

Great pictures David!!
My wife and I are looking forward to are own airpark home.
Thanks for Sharing!

Airpark living is truly the best. We also live on a former farm that now hosts about 25 homes. A grass strip, a nice home with a pool, and the best airplane a pilot could hope for. Ah, the good life!!!!:):):)

Roberta

Green with envy

I had purchased property at the Rosamond skypark, but plans changed. I have been looking at skyparks near Branson. But that will be more of a retirement type idea.

Congrats. Looks like a great life style.

build an airpark???

Do any of you folks at these air parks have a maintenance facilty on site, sell fuel, a small private fbo? or are they all houses and strip....would anyone divulge association fees? PM me if you wish.
thinking of the notion of bulding an air park but a little more on the commercial side.;) you know, live your passion kind of deal.:)

Last edited:
At my airpark(MT97), there is an A&P operation, have fuel sales(homeowners get a discount) and a B&B operation starting. I think extensive flight training is a no-go. here's a link: http://cabincreeklanding.com/about.asp

We haven't built yet. But after the RV, I know what my honeydo will be.
runway.jpg

Last edited:
Fuel

Do any of you folks at these air parks have a maintenance facilty on site, sell fuel, a small private fbo? or are they all houses and strip....would anyone divulge association fees? PM me if you wish.
thinking of the notion of bulding an air park but a little more on the commercial side.;) you know live your passion kind of deal.:)

We have fuel sales at our airpark... homeowners and associate members have a credit like card and are billed monthly along with our water bill.

You need at least a 10,00 gallon tank so that you can buy a whole tanker load at a time....

No official maintenance facilities (no commercial zoning for such), but several A&Ps and IAs live in the airpark...

Yearly fees are $400 at this time.... but with 9 miles of private roads to maintain, it may rise...:(

Minimum lot size is 7 acres.

home1.jpg

gil A

Last edited:
thinking of the notion of bulding an air park but a little more on the commercial side.;) you know live your passion kind of deal.:)

This community does not permit commercial business, chickens, live stock, or junk cars parked in public view (some of the restrictions). Minimum home size is 1800' and must be approved by the board of trustees. Large hangars with apartments are being approved, but a site for a home must be a part of development.

We have an annual assessment of $250 for general maintenance and $62 for common groung liability insurance. We do not pay anyone to cut grass, we have a rolling schedule where by owners cut common ground, usually on the schedule twice a year. We do runway maintenance with volunteers. For example, last fall it was decided to fix an area of whoop-de-doos at the west end of the strip. The first 200 feet was not super level and over the course of 3 week ends with at least 5 tractors with buckets and some 8 or 10 people with rakes, we spread a lot of dirt, checked elevations with a transom, planted grass and fixed the runway. Total cost to the association was for a few loads of dirt.

So far this informal way of doing things has worked well around here. On some projects we have too many chiefs and too few on others but we do get along well.

Nice place. Grew up in St. Loo, know the area well and miss it. Wouldn't mind returning at some point. Would you be up for a visit some time (fly in or drive, as I'm in St. Louis at least monthly)?
Thanks,
Carl