db1yg

Well Known Member
I am currently at around 260 hrs tt on my RV9a and just replaced the original Air Hawk tires. I logged 370 landings during that 260 hrs.--all on hard surface runways. I think I could have gone further on these tires but I did not want to push it given an upcoming long cross country. If I had reversed the tires on their wheel at mid life I believe they would have gone to 400 landings--maybe a little more. They were replaced with the Goodyear Flight Custom III tires and Desser airstop tubes.

If you decide to go with these tires and your wheel pants are tight on your Air Hawks, be advised that the shape of the FC III is somewhat square when compared with the more rounded/domed tread area of the Air Hawk. I had to provide slightly more wheel pant clearance around the tire at the corners.

The tread depth on these tires is impressive--hope they last a long time--they sure cost a lot.

Cheers,

db

I see similar numbers on my 9A. I've landed almost exclusively on hard surfaces. I haven't replaced the tires/tubes yet (original Vans) but will do it soon.

I also have rarely added air to these tires... for some reason they've worked great for me.