prkaye

Well Known Member
My air drill seems to use a LOT of air. The 20-gal compressor comes on every 10 to 20 holes, depending. Is this normal?
When I pull the trigger on the drill, I can also feel air escaping out the back of it... is this normal??

You betcha - drills use a lot of air. As I understand it, a 20 gallon tank is a touch on the small side for buiding an RV. You will still be able to build the plane its just that the compressor will run more often. I believe the recommended minimum size is 25 gallons. My 30 gallon comes on quite often when I use my drill.

As for the air coming out of the back, do you have more than one place the air is coming out of? Does it only come out when you're drilling or all the time?The outlet on my drill is at the base of the handle. If there is air coming out anywhere else on my drill, I'm not aware of it.

Last edited:
Mine is the standard one from planetools and I'm surprised at how little air it uses. I believe my compressor is 33 gal, so that does help. I couldn't be happier with that little drill, and I was thinking of leaving it out when I ordered. It would have been a mistake as it makes drilling so much easier and leaves cleaner holes.