RV404

I'm New Here
Has anyone used the Dewalt 15 Gallon 200 PSI (oiless) upright air compressor?
Currently I have the Husky 20 Gallon 155 PSI upright (oiless) I have not had much luck with the husky first one the regulator didn't work, second one leaks, I bought the "replacement plan" from home depot, so they keep throwing new ones at me, but on the 3rd one in less than 30 days, might be time to just pony up and get somthing else.

SIZE is a factor would love a 60 gallon monster, but i need somthing small and can run off of 120 plug. I am leaning tword the Dewalt at this point.

thanks

Bob

Bob, to answer your question, no, I don't have any experience with a DeWalt air compressor. Not saying they are bad or good, I just don't have any experience with any DeWalt air compressors.

If you will do a "SEARCH" on "air compressors" you will get all kinds of opinions about air compressors for RV shops.

You didn't ask for my opinion on this question, but for what it is worth, it is my opinion that you can get better service for most jobs required to build an RV by going with an oil lubricated piston/cylinder type air compressor. I have a 25 gallon Husky with a 110 volt "3 hp" (probably more like 2 hp) motor that I have had since 1999. I don't plan on painting with it, but for most other jobs involved in building an RV, it is more than adequate...and it is much quieter than the oiless type.

Again, just my opinion...and search the archives...air compressors haven't changed that much in the last 10 years.

Last edited:
Has anyone used the Dewalt 15 Gallon 200 PSI (oiless) upright air compressor?
Currently I have the Husky 20 Gallon 155 PSI upright (oiless) I have not had much luck with the husky first one the regulator didn't work, second one leaks, I bought the "replacement plan" from home depot, so they keep throwing new ones at me, but on the 3rd one in less than 30 days, might be time to just pony up and get somthing else.

SIZE is a factor would love a 60 gallon monster, but i need somthing small and can run off of 120 plug. I am leaning tword the Dewalt at this point.

thanks

Bob

Sorry, to hear that. I have the same one, husky 20 standup and it's been awesome. I can turn it off, come back a week later, and it hasn't leaked down a single pound of air. Although it is a little noisy.

Old school oil, large piston compressor

I opted for an old twin piston compressor. You may find one used at a low enough price that even if it has a 220v motor you could swap it out. The advantage is it is quiet. Also, if you think you will paint your own plane, you want lots of air and a big tank (so the air can cool off).

I got tired of buying dry piston compressors and the noise, I couldn't afford the nice one that I wanted but went to harbor freight and got a 60 gallon 220 V. upright and have been very happy with that one, keeps up with everything I use.