aarvig

Well Known Member
I have a 26 gallon oil lubricated craftsman air compressor. Its been in storage for 6 months. When I pulled it out and started it up the tank would hold pressure, but when ever I adjust the line pressure it bleeds off tank pressure as well. Essentially, the tank pressure is always slightly greater than or equal to line pressure. Is this a regulator problem or check valve problem or something else?

I have a 26 gallon oil lubricated craftsman air compressor. Its been in storage for 6 months. When I pulled it out and started it up the tank would hold pressure, but when ever I adjust the line pressure it bleeds off tank pressure as well. Essentially, the tank pressure is always slightly greater than or equal to line pressure. Is this a regulator problem or check valve problem or something else?

Sounds like a bad diaphram in the regulator. I don't know of any regulators that bleed off to the atmosphere when working properly.

Some of these compressors also have a check valve (to ease load on the motor at startup). That valve could be leaking as well.

Dan