macintron

Hi everyone!!
I found a 60gal air compressor at pretty darn good price. Almost too good to pass up. However we won't start building until summer of next year. With that in mind, is it a bad idea to have a compressor just laying around for a year without any use? Is there a proper way to store it/preserve it?

Has anyone used a Husky Air Compressor from Home Depot? Any comments on it good or bad?

Mac, I did a bit of comparison shopping re: air compressors and found a suitable Kobalt-branded compressor at Lowe's that met my requirements (110V, 15A, oil lubricated) with an extended warranty plan (about $50 add'l) that provides full on-site warranty repairs by a local service contractor for a total of a 5 year period. Especially for longer term builds, that kind of warranty sounded pretty worthwhile to me. When I talked with the HD tool folks, something comparable to this was not available from them.

FYI that Lowe's compressor can be found here:
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay...gId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

Jack

for what it's worth mine is approaching the 10 year old mark, and i've neglected the **** out of it, works great

Hi everyone!!
I found a 60gal air compressor at pretty darn good price. Almost too good to pass up. However we won't start building until summer of next year. With that in mind, is it a bad idea to have a compressor just laying around for a year without any use? Is there a proper way to store it/preserve it?

Has anyone used a Husky Air Compressor from Home Depot? Any comments on it good or bad?

Get it now if price is right. Run once in a while. Store preferably in a drier place better inside. If outside, cover good and run once a month.

I have Husky from Home Depot. Built an RV with it then it stayed without work for more then a year. Now supplying air for a fellow RVator rivet puller :) Good stuff this Husky.

If you're going to leave it unused for a while (couple weeks or more), pull the plug or otherwise drain the tank to get any water out and avoid rusting the inside.

greg

4 years

I found a great deal on a husky 80gal compressor 4 years ago. It has been sitting for 4 years on the pallet. I started using it 4 months ago, and have had no issues so far.