ge9a

Well Known Member
Has anyone tried the "90 deg flat offset" angle drill from Avery? I bought their angle drill attachment set, and it doesn't work the best after very little use, so I am thinking about breaking down and buying a real angle drill. Avery's "flat offset" drill looks interesting. I'm wondering if anyone has used it and can comment on it.

Thanks.

Greg

Greg
Looks like a nice drill. I haven't used this particular drill, but it has what is commonly called a "pancake" attachment. I have used pancake attachments in the past repairing damaged airplanes. Pancakes can get into really tight places. There are many different types. I haven't found a need for one on my RV7A, and I have about all the sheet metal parts done. I bought a new right angle mini drill model ACAT for $199 from the Yard and it does everything I need. It doesn't have a great deal of power but it is perfectly adequate for #12 holes in aluminum. The quality of the drill is adequate as well. I also have a 45 degree Dotco (high quality) that I rarely use. I think a 90 is more useful. I posted this because others contemplating an angle drill might benefit from my experience. I would not bother with the $80 angle drill attachments. I don't like them - too cumbersome and too big. Spend a little more and get the ACAT. If you have too much money, get a Sioux or Dotco. The Yard also has used drills that can be real bargains.. Steve