dustman

Well Known Member
Help! my wingtip and aileron will not line up. I can take a straight edge lay it on the top of the wing and then align aileron to the straight edge, This process aligns aileron and wing, but the aileron is higher than the top of the wingtip. This condition exsists on both wings. What am i doing wrong? I sure can use some help on this folks.

Your post doesn't indicate which model you are building, but the general idea is to use the tooling holes in the wing end rib to set the alignment of your ailerons and flaps, then fit the tip to match.

Here's how:

Attach the ailerons and flaps, then run a strait edge along the tooling holes on the end rib. Clamp the strait edge in place, then align the aileron where the tooling holes in its rib match the line established by the strait edge. That sets the aileron. Set the flap to match.

Then, find a way to hold the aileron and flap in position and fit the wing tip to match.

Easy

As long as you have the aileron alingned with the tooling holes and the flap aligned with the alileron then.....

Thake a hack saw blade or similar and slit the wingtip along the back edge...i.e seperate the lower surface from the upper.

Mix up some flox and resin and glue the surfaces back together with the tip aligned with the aileron.

A lot of us have to do this and its an easy fix.

Frank

-7 dwg 12A differs slightly

Your post doesn't indicate which model you are building, but the general idea is to use the tooling holes in the wing end rib to set the alignment of your ailerons and flaps, then fit the tip to match.

Here's how:

Attach the ailerons and flaps, then run a strait edge along the tooling holes on the end rib. Clamp the strait edge in place, then align the aileron where the tooling holes in its rib match the line established by the strait edge. That sets the aileron. Set the flap to match.

Then, find a way to hold the aileron and flap in position and fit the wing tip to match.
My drawing says to line up the aileron tip with the wing rib tool holes but to ignore the holes in the aileron rib.