pilot28906

Well Known Member
How do you get the washers in the tight space between the brackets when installing the ailerons to the wings? On the outboard bracket I can get the three outboard ones on easy enough put the one on the inboard side between the brackets is driving me nuts! How did you guys do it?

Thanks,

I folded a piece of tape over the edge of the washer just to hold it while I slid the bolt through...then pulled the tape off.

Aileron washer installation

Take a look at Avery's washer wrench, p/n 23800. More expensive than a piece of tape but useful in a number of situations.

John Ciolino
RV-8
N894Y

I made a washer pusher out of some scrap aluminum. I used the tape method to get the washer generally in place (squeezed in the stack of bracket, washer,tube, end bearing) with the bolt thru all of them, except the last washer. Then I used the fork shaped pusher to align it with the bolt and the hole. It gave some control while holding and moving that last washer into position.

+1 on the washer wrenches. There are other places to get them, but Cleaveland has supported the RV community oh so well.