tomcostanza

Well Known Member
I'm quickly running out of space on my panel. I have Van's/Ray Allen's aileron trim and would like to not use the indicator. Has anyone done this? Seems like the only time I would need it is before take-off. After that, it either is in trim or it isn't. Can I use the stick as a pre-takeoff indicator? Advice is appreciated.

TIA

Aileron trim

Yes you can see it in the stick prior to start up and take off. As mentioned earlier the springs in the system are easily overpowered, build on!

After having my Ray Allen (LED bar) aileron trim indicator installed for ~10-11 yrs, I removed it about 6 mos ago with my latest panel remodel. Haven't missed it one bit.

Dont need them

I put 3 indicators in my panel for flaps,ailerons and elevator...shouldnt have wasted my time or space. It is easier to look out the canopy for all 3, elevator included...

Hello Tom,

You might already be familiar…. Vertical Power VP-X collects all the trim/flap indications from Ray Allen Position Indicators and displays them on your EFIS, plus it greatly simplifies your wiring for many other reasons. The VP-X Pro has dual power supplies and processors for extra redundancy as well. Have a look see…...

http://www.verticalpower.com/VPX.html

pk