panicbutton

I'm New Here
Hi everybody!

The delrin rods seem a good idea for the aileron stops but they only stop the upward movement. How about the downward movement of the ailerons? I'm wondering because at full down deflection the pushrod touches the aft spar hole it passes through. According to the specs the full downward movement of the aileron is not needed. Is there something I'm missing here?

Hi everybody!

The delrin rods seem a good idea for the aileron stops but they only stop the upward movement. How about the downward movement of the ailerons? I'm wondering because at full down deflection the pushrod touches the aft spar hole it passes through. According to the specs the full downward movement of the aileron is not needed. Is there something I'm missing here?

Since the ailerons are linked and move in opposite directions, the "down" stop stops the other aileron on it's upstroke. So you only need downstops on both of them to stop the system in both directions.

Paul

Wing Spars

Did anyone have to use a 7/16 reamer on your wing spars so the bolts would slip in without any hang ups or binding? I have tried slipping the close tolerance bolts into the holes and they hang up a little and I do not want to force them.

Did anyone have to use a 7/16 reamer on your wing spars so the bolts would slip in without any hang ups or binding? I have tried slipping the close tolerance bolts into the holes and they hang up a little and I do not want to force them.

Totally off topic from this thread, but "Do Not Use A Ream In Any Of The Spar Bolt Holes"
They are close tollerance holes for close toleance bolts. It is not an easy slip fit. If you think something is wrong, call Van's tech support. DO NOT modify the holes without consulting with them.

Since the ailerons are linked and move in opposite directions, the "down" stop stops the other aileron on it's upstroke. So you only need downstops on both of them to stop the system in both directions.

Paul

It's actualy the up stop on each aileron that stops the opposite one in the down direction, but I think he gets the idea now...;)