Fly4Funn

Can someone tell me the part number for the pop rivets used to close up the bottom of the aileron? Out of all the plans, I cannot find the sheet, 31 I think, that has the aileron on it. Thanks!

Don't know about sheet 31, but on my Drawing 13A for RV-4,7,8 dated 3/5/03, on the middle part between the two stiffeners it says "BOTTOM OF AILERON: CS4-4 ALL A-802PP TO A-801 TO A-403PP BLIND RIVETS"

Which would be the same as for the skin to the counterbalance tube.

Also, as I nearly did a small mistake myself on my 2nd aileron....
All the CS4-4 rivets (in the skin and counterbalance) and the other flush rivets (outer ribs) on the bottom skin goes in when the aileron is weighted down laying on a flat surface upside down. This is to make it flat and straight as an arrow.

I had a hard time finding a flat surface in my house and ended using a friends granite countertop.

I do remember that. I'm building mine a second time. Remember the old saying measure twice, cut once? Well I got a new one. Read twice, build once. I missed the part that said to be sure the tooling holes in the end ribs are closer to the bottom. Yes even with a 50% chance of being right, mine got the wrong 50%. Once mounted, the leading edge of the aileron was about a 1/4 lower than the flap. :mad: :D

Yea, that's the old 50/50/90 rule; you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right but 90% of the time you get it wrong...