avi8tor50

Well Known Member
OK-next question-

Just finished installing the aileron pushrods in my 9A. Movement of ailerons is fine but it seems that the pushrod rubs against the aileron pushrod hole in the rear spar. Is there a bushing that is supposed to go there? Do I have an alignment problem? Bellcrank appears to be on straight. I can see some of the powder coating getting rubbed off on one side. Wonder if anyone had a similar problem.

As always, all help appreciated.

That hole needs to be opened up quite a bit. My understanding is that this is normal.

Aileron stops

Have you installed the aileron stops yet? On my 7 the pushtubes rubbed on the edges of the pass through holes in the rear spar until I installed the stops. Then the fit was perfect. Another amazing pre-punch tale. BTW, I removed the aileron hinge bracket from the aileron when I installed the stops. Working only with the hinge bolted to the wing rather than the whole aileron made it much easier to fit the stops. Was a long time ago, not sure if that is in the plans, but that is how I'd recommend going about it.

Hi I had the same problem.

First check your aileron deflections as per manual, if you do not get the required deflection without it touching, then it is time to open the hole a little bit at a time.

I thought I had my hole perfect to size, but once installed it was a bit to small and the pushrod rubbed. I checked deflections and opened the hole just a little bit more.

Regards
Rudi