Blain

Well Known Member
Considering the boots that seal airflow from the wing root into the cabin. (available from one of the popular upholstery venders here on VAF)

Seems like a great idea but wondering about unintended consequences.

If that is a negative pressure area it would enhance flow from the cabin vent, probably a good thing and I wouldn't want to change that by installing boots.

If that is a positive pressure area, then I guess it would be good to block that flow.

Since I'm building an -8 I would also consider the flow around the slider. Wouldn't want to create a high pressure zone that whistled past the skirts.

Maybe over thinking this?

Agree with Vlad - definitely an advantage in cold weather as air tends to come in these holes and a good set of boots cuts that flow down significantly. Easy to make your own with some nylon fabric, a piece of elastic and a bit of scrap aluminum.

Greg

Burrrrr

Vlad, you way more hardy then I am. Snow is for skiing:p

So, no adverse conditions created?

We put them in my friend's RV8. No adverse effects at all and they did help block cold air coming in from the wing roots to help keep the cockpit a little warmer in cold weather. One of these days I need to add them to my RV6.