TMAN

I'm New Here
Has anyone ever measured their aileron angle in the neutral position with a digital protractor on both the left and right wings on an RV9 or RV9A? I would be interested to get the numbers if anyone did this for inboard and ouboard on each aileron. I have a real heavy wing that I have been dealing with and have done everything that has been suggested and talked about here and Van's(except for the tab under the light aileron). I think if I had these numbers from someone who's airplane does not have a heavy wing, this might steer me in the right direction. I have quick built wings and ailerons and this is the main reason I went this route to stay away from problems like this----very frustrating. Thanks loads Tom

Tom,

How do your ailerons align with the wings near the tips, are the top and bottom surface of the ailerons even with the top and bottom surfaces of the wing or at least centered in the wing thickness? Mine (QB also) ended up not centered, one was about 3/16" high above the wing, the other was about 3/32" hign so I re-worked both outer aileron mounting brackets to get the ailerons aligned with the wing. I actually used RV4 brackets because they do not have the pilot holes already drilled. I read somewhere Vans also has these brackets for the RV9 that do NOT have the pilot holes drilled. I never attempted flying the airplane with the ailerons out of alignment but once aligned, the airplane flies hands off, no heavy wings.

In-trail ?

A photo using Van's straight edge and pre-punched holes method.
Tip make a reference mark for later rigging when the wing tips are on.
pict3825rep2.jpg