JDAviator

I am actively working on my -8 pre-punched wing kit (circa 2002) after a several year hiatus. As I work on the rear spar, I was deburring and trial fitting the W413PP and W414PP aileron hinge brackets. I understand these brackets are attached permanently later in the process.

These assemblies are not well made, IMHO. The stamping process left rough edges that, now assembled, are impossible to dress. Also, the bearings in 2 of the 4 brackets are not centered in the mount holes. Lastly, there is approximately a 1/32" gap between the plates at the bearing - almost like the bearing saddle holes were not machined properly and the bearing is not fully seated. This pic isn't the best, but you can see the gap on the end.

picture030y.jpg

I have 2 questions, one of which I think I know the answer to:

1. Do I need to worry about dressing or deburring the rough edges that are inaccessible due to the brackets being assembled? (my inclination is to dress what I can, prime and move on).

2. Should I just go ahead and disassemble the brackets to fix the mis-aligned bearings and gap between the plates? Or, again just keep moving on?

Sorry if it appears that I'm re-inventing the wheel here. I did a search and didn't find anything on this subject.

Thanks!

BUILD ON. UNLESS YOU TAKE THEM APART AND BEND SLIGHTLY BUT YOUR CHANCES OF MAKING THINGS WORSE GO UP. REMEMBER BOLTS, NUTS AND WASHERS ARE PLACED THERE AND WILL HOLD THINGS TOGETHER. AS FOR THE BEARINGS NOT BEING CENTERED, THATS OK THATS WHY THEY ARE BEARINGS.