N162RV

Does anybody out there have the part numbers for the aileron bearing on a 6A handy? I am at work and need to order some and I don't have the info.

Scott:

From my preview plans (full size are at the hangar....sorry) that bearing is listed as:

Aurora Com-3-5. A quick attempt to find it at Van's site came up empty. You may have to order the airleron mounts as assembled by Vans.

Part numbers for those are: Left wing inboard: W-413L
Right wing inboard: W-413R

Left wing outboard: W-414L
Right wing outboard: W-414R

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Last edited:
I just ordered one from Van's about two days ago. I think one of mine dropped onto the shop floor and I must have vacuumed it up. Anyway, I ordered it using the Com-3-5 number and they knew what it was. Two day delivery was expensive but...... the bearing was cheap....like $0.75!

Cheers, Pete

PS. I asked them how you change one, and I was told to drill out the rivets and install a new one and rivet the original pieces back together. I asked if the tiny pinholes in the outer bearing shell were for lubrication. They were not sure but they just oil them once in a while!?!?

Drill out rivets?

I just talked to Ken at Van's about these bearings. I was under the impression that they were pressed in and it would not be a problem to change. Well I was informed otherwise. i was told that these are "Captured" bearings meaning they are between the plates of the hinge brackets and that I would have to drill out the rivets and disasemble the hinges in order to change the bearings. How big a deal is this? Looks like the flap and the wing tip will need to be removed at the least... Looking for input from those who have done this.