jferraro17

Opulence, I has it...
Does anybody have a specific list of the "deletable" parts form the fuse kit if one wanted to replace ALL the wheels on an -A model?

Any opinions on Grove versus Beringer (besides the cool red anodizing)?

What are the benefits of the individual brake cylinders/res I see on some pedals, and where do you get them/what are they?

Are there any "improvements" to be made in addition to the wheels, ie. pads/calipers, etc?

Thanks for the info!

Joe

What are the benefits of the individual brake cylinders/res I see on some pedals, and where do you get them/what are they?

The major benefit I saw was the reduction in tubing/plumbing - makes for a very simple installation. Now a disadvantage for the side-by-side guys is access - they can be devilishly hard to reach - my old Grumman had cylinders on the pedals, and getting at them required a major airframe overhaul (almost)....

The -8's have an advantage in that you can always go in through the forward baggage compartment - neat, quick, clean!

You can get them at ACS - pretty cheap actually.

Paul

Spruce Brake Reservoirs

The 8 has individual Matco master cylinders for each brake pedal. The A600 reservoirs from Spruce are a direct fit to these, and eliminate a lot of plumbing.

The only disadvantage for the 8 is that the firewall is pre-punched for Van's reservoir...but with a little planning you can reuse the hole for wiring, etc.

See http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/lgpages/reservoirs.php

Regards,
Mike