mattsmith

Well Known Member
been putting it off for as long as possible but the finish kit will be here soon, so I need to rivet on the top aft deck. I have a Cleavland edge tool but if I use it to break the edge that connects to the upper longeron the break will be in the middle of the rivet row, is this OK? how did others break this edge so when the riveting is done the edge dose not lift?

The edge

is filed like a single edge knife rather than a bent edge you would get from the tool. very sharp.

Edge tool

I did the same as Guy with the edge tool, I also beveled the edge slightly with a file and it turned out nice. I think the pre-rolled turtle deck skin was a big part of the good fit. I did the same with the front top skin and it does not seem to fit as well, I may try to roll the side a bit, right now the edge does not lay down as well as the aft skin. I also learned at OSH from the doing the demo of the Cleavland edge tool that you want a barely perceptible bend in the edge with the tool. Some do this too hard and end of with a visible crease.

Cheers