tkatc

Well Known Member
Trying to align the bottom skin. It is sandwiched between the 807 bulkhead and the other associated skins. I believe I have it sandwiched correctly but I am having a tough time getting the holes to line up.

Any tips? I am bending cleco tips to no avail.

F-842

I also fought with that skin. I don't remember for certain but I think i removed enough clecos to move the bottom of the 807 bulkhead forward a little. After the skins were aligned I tapped the 807 back in position. The 807 doesn't sit plumb so it wedges into position at the bottom and gets very tight.

I also fought with that skin. I don't remember for certain but I think i removed enough clecos to move the bottom of the 807 bulkhead forward a little. After the skins were aligned I tapped the 807 back in position. The 807 doesn't sit plumb so it wedges into position at the bottom and gets very tight.

.....ditto.... also suffered few bent clecos, but at the end of the day managed to pull the skin into alignment. So far was the most difficult part when it cam to hole matching.

Trying to align the bottom skin. It is sandwiched between the 807 bulkhead and the other associated skins. I believe I have it sandwiched correctly but I am having a tough time getting the holes to line up.

Any tips? I am bending cleco tips to no avail.

Instead of using clecoes to align the holes, I used an awl.

It is a tough, pointy, steel device about the same size as a 3/32 clecoe and will pull the skins and bulkhead flanges into position nicely.

I can not remember where the awl came from except it is part of a kit of pointy devices of different shapes.