wizard

Hi all. I got a pretty good deal on a DMC crimper off of Ebay and wanted to try my hand at harness making. Below is a .jpg of my initial harness design. I am not finished with the shielding part or some of the power connection but have a few questions for you who know:

1. Do I need the RS-232 #3 on the EFIS Main Cable connected to anything?
2. Will I still get traffic on the AFS 3500 and the GNS 430?
3. Since I am utilizing the ARINC adapter, do I need any RS-232 from the EFIS main cable to the GTX330 or Digiflight II?
4. It seems like there is redundant data from the GNS430 to the GTX330. Shouldn't it all come over the ARINC lines?

I am posting this over at the AFS forums as well for those interested.

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/8238/rv7apanelharnessln0.jpg

I think you need to really check your ARINC wiring because I think you had several ARINC outputs from different devices connected on the same buss and I don't think you can do that. I also seen some connections that will serve no purpose.

My eyes were crossing trying to follow those lines around so I may be all wet.

Have you looked at the sample wiring diagrams on AFS's website?

Pretty sure the 430 gets its TIS data off the ARINC lines but I think the AFS will get its off the serial line (not sure about that).

I think you still need a serial line from the Efis to the 330 to provide tha alt encoded data.

Confusion

Thanks for looking it over. Yes, I've looked at the AFS website and am still very confused on the ARINC and RS-232 stuff. I know that there is still alot for me to understand and am looking for further sources of info.

Thanks for looking it over. Yes, I've looked at the AFS website and am still very confused on the ARINC and RS-232 stuff. I know that there is still alot for me to understand and am looking for further sources of info.
I have been trying to follow your ARINC 429 wiring and am having problems following it on the supplied jpg file. There seems to be several differences between it and the AFS wiring diagrams. Any chance in getting a copy of your CAD file to make sure I am following the wires correctly.
Gary