Pat Stewart

Well Known Member
I have infinity grips with coolie hat trim on each stick. I would like to start wiring the trim/flaps however I am still waiting on my 4500's to arrive. I also have the relay deck from infinity but I am not sure if its required with the 4500's. Does anybody have a wiring schematic for trim/flaps using the AFS system.

Pat

Pat, my understanding is that the 4500 pin-outs are exactly the same as the 3500.

I ran all of the trim/flap indicators to a Sub-D connector under the seats and then to the 3500

relay deck

Pat
I have a 3500EE and infinity grip. I used a matronics relay deck for the trim and show plane flap module, works great. Also you can go to AFS web site and download the wiring schematics. But the infinty relay deck will work, and yes you will need it.
Brent

But the infinty relay deck will work, and yes you will need it.
Brent

Yes you need "something" but the infinity deck is not the only option. I highly recommend the Fail Safe trim box. It's solid state, has the capability to reverse runaway trim and in the event of runaway trim only allows the trim to move for a second at a time. Plus it's a snap to wire, IMHO...

Heres the link. And no I don't own the company, just a satisfied customer.

http://www.tcwtech.com/Safety-Trim-Page.htm

Pat, the previous postings give good advice for the control part of the trim and flaps.

As far as the AFS connections, the roll and trim servos directly connect to the AFS to indicate the servo position. For flaps, you will need to install a RAC trim sensor, POS-12. There are several photos around showing how to install to sense the flap position.

All of these position sensors are just variable resistors and the AFS system provides a stable voltage to the whole resistor and reads back the wiper voltage. And when you calibrate the system, the actual locations are correlated to the return voltage from the sensors.