SteinAir

Well Known Member
Those of you at SnF will no doubt be seeing this by now, but for those who are not there, here is a quick peek at what the AFS Terrain is starting to look like. Running on both the 3500 and 4500. I have lots more, but not enough time to post them. They also have it running full tilt with obstacles, runways, towers, etc.. on production hardware. Just thought ya'll might like to see it.

Cheers,
Stein

terrain2web.jpg

terrain1web.jpg

Last edited:
Looks cool, BUT

when are they going to start shipping the 4500s??? Last time I called, they said they were still tweaking the terrain and other features for the the 3500 and than they would port the core code over to the new cpu on the 4500. I have a hunch that the 4500 they have on display is really a 3500 cpu in a 4500 box.

4500 SV

Thanks Stein for posting, I was looking everywhere to get an impression how it looks like. Well based on the last call with Rob he said that they expect 8 more weeks until they do the upgrade from 3500 to 4500

Cheers
Michael

I have a hunch that the 4500 they have on display is really a 3500 cpu in a 4500 box.

The three AF-4500?s that are at Sun-n-Fun running the Advanced SV are actual production hardware with the new CPU. We realistically expect to be flying them in our RV-10 in the next four weeks.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems

We realistically expect to be flying them in our RV-10 in the next four weeks.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems

Ok, so when can those of us who have them on order realistically expect to see ours? I'm at a point in my panel install/wiring that I actually need the box in order to cut my panel. Stein graciously sent me the trays, however they are a little flimsy and I don't want to cut my panel until I can see how the 4500 fits into the tray mount. I have a side-by-side dual setup and I am tight for space. Having SV and such is awesome, but many of us simply need the box to proceed with our builds and can worry about updating the software when it's time to fly.

BTW, you make a great product!

Synthetic Vision

For Rob Hickman

Can you add European maps to your challenges along with a thin hardware sceen for the back seat of an RV8.

I should be ready for it in about 18 months time

Rob Hatwell
RV8 on a very slow build

question

Will the synthetic vision be displayed as shown, or with an ADI / HSI overlay (alt tape, airspeed, pitch tape, etc.)?

It'll have the tapes as expected.. they just didn't get it to work that way yet.. but it's coming.

Thanks Radomir.. that's what I expected. AFS rocks, and I can't wait to buy one!

BTW - I know ALL ABOUT avionics that aren't quite working yet..... LOL

dave