7DeltaLima

Well Known Member
Group
Asked this over on the AFS forum Sunday but haven't gotten a response..

I understand from reading some posts that you can map switches on your stick to input functions on the AFS EFIS.. Given that,

If you're running dual 4500's (or dual whatever), do you need to connect input 1 and 2 from both screens to the stick switches or is it similar to the audio where you only need to wire from one system?

(Assuming the duals are connected via ethernet hub / switch...)

Thanks in advance,
Doug

depends...

Only some functions are shared between Ethernet connected displays. For example, if you hook up switch input 1 to button 1 on screen 1, screen paging with the switch input will only apply to screen 1. However, responding to and silencing alarms works across both screens because alarm info and response (pushing button 1 via switch input 1) is shared across dual screens.

Jason

so...

I've wired two independent switches on the pilot's stick to input 1 and Input 2, respectively, on Screen one.

Should I have split these and wired switch 1 to input 1 on screen 1 and switch 2 to input 2 on screen 2?

Thanks in advance,
Doug

Doug---

It really depends on what you want to do... If you want to control an independent switch input on screen two from you pilot stick, than you will need to run a wire to that screen.

Jason