sneedrv-6

Well Known Member
After 3 hours of searching the manual and online I have to ask a question.. How the heck do you change the hobbs and tach time in the Advanced flight system 3500? Would really help if this info was in the manual.

Jason

Hold down button 5 while you are booting (as indicated on the startup screen). Once in the settings menu select option "1. Admin". A new column of options will appear on the right, resetting either HOBBS or Tach time are in that column.

no there

It is not there on my screens... I am running the beta software, maybe that is the problem. Thanks for the reply.

Jason

Jason,

There is a protected way to change the Hobbs and Tach time. We do not document it because it is not something that a user should normally be able to do. How do you change a mechanical Hobbs meter, tachometer, or your car Odometer? With an Electronics International Tach there is no way to change it.

If you need to change it call our tech support and we will talk you through it. As you already know, you can always reach me on my cell phone (503) 701-5042 if you need any assistance.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems
N401RH RV-4
N402RH RV-10