flickroll

Well Known Member
Can someone who has an AFS 3400, 3500, or 4500 system with engine monitor in stalled in a -7 or -8 mind giving me their fuel tank calibration values? I previously had a Dynon system in this airplane, and their tank values are different than AFS', but it is likely I can convert mine to AFS numbers since it should be a linear relationship. I have near full tanks, and don't have the means to drain all of the gas for a new calibration, but will do so when I get closer to empty. Converting the Dynon values to AFS values is a temporary measure until I can do a new calibration. Thanks

Tomorrow.

I'll get the info tomorrow and email you, if you do not have it by then.

Regards,
David
RV 7

You will have to manually do the fuel tank calibration as per our manual (on the AFS website). While someone else's cal numbers may be somewhat similar, each unit differs and they are not interchangeable. While it is somewhat of a linear relationship, it's not exact so we would highly recommend you manual check your fuel quantity before each flight until you can drain the last few gallons out to do the calibration.

Last edited: