wolfrv6

Looking for ways to install Advanced Flight Systems fuel flow transducer on 0-360 carburetor with RV-7 engine installation. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rolland

transducer mounting

I think this will somewhat depend on the type of pump you are using. I have the Airflow Performance pump. The transducer is mounted just in front of the pump. Works fantastic.

If you are using the stock set up with Facet pump, put it after the pump on the hot side of the firewall on a straight section as recommended.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler AZ
RV-7 N717EE

Transducer mounting

I have a carb 0-360 and I asked AFS and they said to locate between the Facet pump and the gascolator. This does not give the required distance that the instructions suggest but they said it will work fine here. I did it that way and I hope they are right.

Jeff Vaughan
7A

Good day All,

I believe that the flow transducer that AFS is using is an Electronics International part. Is it the red aluminum cube? ( I could be wrong)

We strongly recommend placing the FT-60 (red cube) so that it is the last thing the fuel sees before entering the carb.

If you place the transducer upstream from the pump you will essentially be sucking fuel through the unit. This is not the way you want to use this part.

The accuracy of any fuel flow instruments indications such as total "used" and "remaining" are only as accurate as the flow rates indicated. We have found that by placing the transducer just upstream of the carb you can maximize accuracy.

On an 0-360 our FP-5(L) instruments and our MVP-50 systems we would expect to be less than .10% off of actual at 40 gallons used. :)

Hope this helps.

Mathew Sharp
Electronics International Inc.
541-318-6060
www.buy-ei.com