N402RH

Well Known Member
image3411.jpg
image3321.jpg

The following link shows actual screen shots from a LPV approach a couple of hours ago in our RV-10 showing the following:

1. Approach Plates on the screens
2. New Flight Director; The new flight director even provides guidance for course reversals, holds, and entry?s
3. Flight Path Marker
4. Vertical guidance displayed for both GPS approaches and GPS LPV glide slope.

http://www.advanced-flight-systems.com/AFS%20LPV%20UAO.pdf

Currently the approach plate diagram on the EFIS screen works like the Garmin $399 a year plates on the 696.

There is a very good chance that we will have the airplane flying on the approach plate next week, so you can actually see where you are :)

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems Inc.
N401RH RV-4
N402RH RV-10 (103 Hours since July!)

Great Update

Rob, The approach plate looks awesome! I look forward to flying behind my unit within the next year. Your efforts to stay ahead of the game and on the cutting edge are always appreciated.
Dan Billingsley
Mesa, AZ

Rob,

I took a look at that PDF.... Man your products are simply amazing!

If I had the means, your solution would be in my panel!

JUst changed my mind

Rob

Last wednesday I changed my order to AFS from your competitor after hearing about your AP. Your openness to post future designs just solidifies the decision.

Looks AWESOME as always Rob! ...and I'm still planning a dual 4500 panel with Stein!

One question - Are you planning to have a black on white view of the approach plates or just the white on black that you show above? ...the white background might be more familiar to us geeks that have been looking at IFR charts for years.

Thanks Rob and SUPER work!

- Peter

Last edited:
Bat wings

Rob,
Will this be incorporated into the 3400-3500 series as well or only in the new advance deck?

Thanks,
KC

All the screens can use the latest software; AF-3400, AF-3500, AF-4500.

We have the charts in black on white AND white on black.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems Inc.
N401RH RV-4
N402RH RV-10 (103 Hours since July)

Is anyone from GRT looking at this????

I hope so since I already have GRT hardware, if I did not I probably would based on this!!

why does the efis/430w show a 351 crs when the plate calls for a 349?

beautiful displays!

I'd like to ask Rob at AFS (or anyone else who knows the answer) why 3.3 NM south of DUBMY the aircraft altitude is only 2500 ft when the LSALT for that sector on the Approach Plate is 3600 ft. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Last edited:
I'd like to ask Rob at AFS (or anyone else who knows the answer) why 3.3 NM south of DUBMY the aircraft altitude is only 2500 ft when the LSALT for that sector on the Approach Plate is 3600 ft. Maybe I'm missing something here.

We should have been at 3600'

It was VFR and I just went through having to have all the cylinders changed to the new ECI nickel cylinders. I am trying to keep the plane below 3,000’ and high power settings when possible. We flew down at 2,500 FT , 2500 RPM and 25” so that we could test the glide slope capture software for the autopilot.

"why does the efis/430w show a 351 crs when the plate calls for a 349?"

That is a really good question, I will have to check that one on the 430W.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems

Last edited:
Never a doubt

I have always had the AFS EFIS spec'd into my new project. All the improvements make it better.

Way to go Rob. I think you are the new King Daddy for Experimental EFIS World.

why does the efis/430w show a 351 crs when the plate calls for a 349?

beautiful displays!

I just checked it again and the 430W is showing 351 on the screen, I suspect that the 430W is using a different magnetic variation than the approach plate?

Have you ever noticed that the exact same CRS for two intersections will be different for a GPS approach compared to a VOR?

Check the MMV ILS LOC RWY 22 plate for RAWER to OZIER it is 291 deg
The MMV GPS RWY 22 plate for RAWER to OZIER shows 293 deg
VOR?s use a different magnetic variation than the GPS.

Rob Hickman
N402RH RV-10

VOR calibration

VOR?s use a different magnetic variation than the GPS.

VOR's are aligned with the current magnetic declination when they are installed. Out here in the west, the declination was moving at about 1 deg. per decade. Recently it has speed up to 1 deg. per 7 years. :eek:

Our local VOR (Newberg, UBG) is off by more than 4 deg. Probably hasn't been adjusted since 1970, I guess. I asked a FAA dude about this a few years ago. He said that re-aligning a VOR is a "Very Big Deal". :rolleyes:

Rob,

I imagine that you don't have Approach Plates database for Brasil. If it is correct, may I add them by myself?

Your products are great and are at the top of my avionics list.

Thanks.

Rafael.

If you have the approach plates for Brazil in digital format we should be able to add them.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems
N402RH RV-10

Quote "If you have the approach plates for Brazil in digital format we should be able to add them."
Rob
What digital format can you use, if we from overseas can supply it?
John Russell
Melbourne
Australia