N402RH

Well Known Member
Jennifer had an EAA board meeting tonight so it was the perfect opportunity to do some beta testing of our new updated screens and flight planing. Normally it takes 45 minutes to drive from our house to the chapter hangar, each way! Now that it is light until almost 8:30 the RV-10 turns it into less than 10 minutes of traffic free commuting.

We developed the new graphics for the AF-5600 and they looked so awesome that this morning I asked why can't we use the updated look for our existing units? To my surprise not only could we do it the software engineers did it in less than a day!

SS042202.png

Notice the new updated look of the airspeed tape, engine instruments and HITS.

SS042202a.png

New updated flight plan look, traffic from the ADS-B unit and weather.

I will post more pictures after tomorrows test flights.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems Inc.
N402RH RV-10

Last edited:
When is HITS going to be released for the 4500's?

Also, I have an early 4500 but haven't been able to get my airplane flying yet. In looking at it I can shake it and it will rattle slightly like the screen isn't glued in or something. Is that normal?

schu

WoW

That's going to look nice in my -8.
Will you have the new graphics on the demo screens in your shop?
I plan on being there next week.
Steve

"When is HITS going to be released for the 4500's?"

We have been flying it in our RV-10 and RV-4 for about two months and it is getting really close to release. The current plan is to release it to our beta users next week.

"Also, I have an early 4500 but haven't been able to get my airplane flying yet. In looking at it I can shake it and it will rattle slightly like the screen isn't glued in or something. Is that normal?"

The original glossy NEC screens do rattle slightly in their frame, it is internal to the NEC LCD and we are told that it is normal.

Will you have the new graphics on the demo screens in your shop?"

Yes, we have them in our office, RV-10, and RV-4. I will be at the EAA 105 breakfast with the RV-10 on May 7.

"But what if MY airplane isn't painted yellow?"

It is on the list to change the plane icon, My friends at Glasair give me constant trouble about the yellow RV on the screen in their Red Sportsman factory demo plane.

Rob Hickman
N402RH RV-10 N401RH RV-4

Last edited:
Brilliant!!

I have to take my hat off to Rob and team. Great stuff to see this. I cannot imagine flying IFR without these systems anymore. I go jump in a twin with old steam gauges and I am working double time to keep on top of things.

Hugh.

Great stuff!

Always getting better through free and paperless software updates :)
Being Experimental is just great.

Good job on the UI improvements, still would like to see the complete altitude indication in the same size as airspeed and heading. On our 3400's it's definitely on the small side, being one of the primary indications.

bernie

Biger numbers!

Hi Bernie

Yea, your right, the 3400 has the numbers a bit small, especially if your converted from the old style analog instruments to the screens. There in the beginning you would like a checkbox in the setup page like this:

O Big number feature (ALT, ASI, RPM, MP, FF) ON

Thats the values that are interesting for take off and situation where you need them by just a very quick glance over the screen.

Regards and have fun with the good stuff from AFS

Dominik