AussieRV

G'day fellow RVer's :D

I have the AFS AoA wing kit and in the process of finishing my leading edges ... i have 4 quick questions:

1. How are builders mounting the probe to the skins (screws, proseal ...)- any issues?
2. How do you work out where the hole goes on the underside for the drain tool?
3. Reasoning tells me that I would mount the probes to the skin before I spray primer ... any "gotcha's" with this?
4. What happens when spraying the outside of the skins in terms of paint entering the cavity?

Would love to have some pics if available.

Many thanks,

Matt

AOA pressure ports

In response to your questions, here is what I did:

1. My AOA kit came with flush screws (2 per block, #30 dimple). I used them and also pro-sealed the blocks to the skin interior. I used a very small amount of pro-seal.

2. I removed the quick drain fitting and inserted appropriate length and diameter wood dowel into the upper block. Where the dowel contacted the bottom skin is where I drilled the drain hole.

3. I only primed mating surfaces on the wing skins (interior) so there was no primer at port locations.

4. I will not drill the actual pressure holes until after painting. They will be easy to locate (center between mounting screws) and if I am concerned about debris from drilling, I can clear this by removing the fittings on the back of the pressure blocks (wingtip must be off, of course).

Hey Paul,

That's some excellent advice - thank you.

I particularly like your approach on points 2 and 4 ... clever :D

Many thanks,