flickroll

Well Known Member
The AFS AOA tubing connects to the back of my 3400 and 4500 using a hose barb connection. Once the tubing is on the fitting you ain't getting it off. About the only way to remove it is to cut it off with a razor blade. The problem with this is if you remove and replace the AFS boxes a number of times you'll eventually run out of free tubing. Has anyone come up with a quick disconnect system for this tubing? Thanks

Jim,
I've had my tubing off and on several times while troubleshooting an AOA problem that ended up being a hose that was partially cut during wing installation. I was able to use a small screw driver to pry between the fitting (where you put the wrench... not the barb) and hose end. But, I have a tipper canopy and access was pretty easy. AFS does have connectors for mid way in the tube runs, such as at the wing attach point, but they are barbed as well. If you haven't already done so, you might try calling them and seeing if they have anything different. I hope this helps.

It will pop off, pull harder. You could also put a small anount of fuel lube on the barb to help it come off.

Rob Hickman