CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
I am working through the engine install process and will eventually be using the AFS 5600 series (currently on order). I am wondering about the step where the plans have me run a line from the manifold pressure port to the firewall by using the Vans IE VMP Install Kit. It is using a VA-170 fitting through the firewall which appears to be the correct 1/4" size AFS needs. But I wanted to verify this setup will work with the AFS system as the Vans plan says other guages may need something differnt and the AFS instructions for the manifold pressure says "it is connected to the engine manifold pressure port with a 1/4" ID hose and hose clamp.

Since I dont have the EFIS system yet I can't actually examine the transducer. So would like to confirm this installation.

Capture-6.jpg

Yes this will work. On the cabin side of the firewall I used a AN4 Nut and 1/4" aluminium tubing a few inches long, or however long you want it , and then a piece of plastic tubing slide over it for the transition to the AFS. 600 hours no problems

AFS uses a different diameter than vans. You'll have to use a different adapter. My memory doesn't remember the details. I don't recall if I detailed the specifics on mt build site.

You can purchase the probes independently from the EFIS. Then you an work through these types of issues easier.

Firewall location

Just make sure when you mount it on the firewall it still allows for the battery removal.

Peter