RVRC

Well Known Member
Is there anyone with an AFS 5500 or 5600 that plans on being at the Triple Tree Fly-in in a couple of weeks? I have never seen one "live and in person" and would enjoy a few minutes to veiw the screen. Please let me know here, send a PM or email. We have the Skyview in planes on our field and I have spent time with Carlos @ GRT's office but haven't seen the AFS.

Thanks in advance(pun intended):D

Thanks, Stu

Looks good. I have the company brochures and they look very nice as do all of the ones I mentioned. Do you find it easy to operate and does it flow well in the cockpit? I have downloaded the operation and installation manual to my ipad and have read it cover to cover several times. I fly corporate planes and it is all about the flow. It appears to do the job well. It is just a short hop to SC from TX. Come on over! :D

Thanks.

AFS 5500

I find the AFS 5500 very easy to operate, once you read the Manual and understand the big picture. With 18 buttons and three knobs, everything is one layer deep in getting info or controlling screen. My Garmin420W, SL30, Garmin 496, and Garmin 327 are all wired in and integrated and present info on the AFS 5500 when selected. The screen is very readable in sunlight and the screen presentation very readable even with all three sources (EFIS, Map, Engine) called onto the screen simultaneously. The right side GPS Map is very useful with a destination courseline as well as well as flightpath lubber line and excellent terrain and obstacle definition. You can also replace the right side GPS screen with Geo-referenced Sectional, Low Airways, Approach Plates, and Airport Diagrams, just a button press away.

Last edited:
Thanks PK

I have seen all the videos online,(20 or 30 times) but haven't been to any of the dealers yet. Thanks for the suggestions. I am hoping to smell and touch one. I have talked with the factory, suppliers, etc. but just want to see a REAL one! There has to be someone in the southeast that has one and going to that fly-in. If I have to, I will look in every experimental there and If I find one, hang out under the wing until the owner shows up.:eek: