andrew phillips

Well Known Member
Anyone experience this?

I upgraded the Avmap software and now the 3500 does not display info from the Avmap. I have used the same settings in the avmap as before the upgrade

I know that the data is coming out of the avmap as both the trio autopilot and 3500 are connected to it through the same wire and the trio is displaying all the data from the avmap.

What I have tried so far.

1. Set both units to 4800 baud rate
2. Set both units to 9600 baud rate
3. set 3500 to aviation GPS

If it worked before you updated the Avmap IV and you have not changed anything with the AFS then I assume something has changed with the Avmap during the firmware upgrade. You should verify on the Avmap Menu-Communications-NEMA Output is enabled, by default this is disabled and upgrading the firmware may have reset this option. Typically the baudrate from the Avmap is 4800. I can't remember if you have the option to enable individual NEMA sentences or not on the Avmap, if you do you should insure the Avmap is outputing the sentences the AFS needs. I upgraded the software in my Avmap several months ago and can't remember if I had problems with it communicating with my Dynon AP afterwards, if I did I resolved it because it works fine with the Dynon.

9600 bd on new version of Avmap software

... Typically the baudrate from the Avmap is 4800.

This new version of software allows running a baud rate of 9600. It works in my application with a Dynon.

Yes, now that you mention it, I believe the NME stream was turned off, and I had to select my sentences again.