Auburntsts

Well Known Member
Folks,
For those with a dual screen AFS 3400 or 4500, which configuration did go with: one EF & one EM or one EE & one slave? According to the price list it's $100 cheaper to go the EF-EM route, but are there any operational/functional issues that would make the EE & slave combo a better choice?

Also, since the EE is a combined EFIS and Engine monitor in one, does it require one power input or two (not counting back-up inputs)?

Finally, does the AIRINC 429 module get its power from the EFIS or does it have it's own feed?

Thanks!

Not flying yet, but I have powered up the displays with some test cables....
Folks,
For those with a dual screen AFS 3400 or 4500, which configuration did go with: one EF & one EM or one EE & one slave? According to the price list it's $100 cheaper to go the EF-EM route, but are there any operational/functional issues that would make the EE & slave combo a better choice?
The displays seem to share most data between them, so I think it will function either way. If you have the EF-EM combined box and it fails, of course you lose everything. If the functions are separated you will only lose those hosted in the failed display. Your choice. I have the EF and EM in separate displays.
Also, since the EE is a combined EFIS and Engine monitor in one, does it require one power input or two (not counting back-up inputs)?
Both the EFIS and EM functions run off of the same power input. Note that there are two power pins with one as a backup. That allows you to wire it to two separate power busses if you want. There is also an option for an internal battery.
Finally, does the AIRINC 429 module get its power from the EFIS or does it have it's own feed?Thanks!
It has its own feed.