glider4

Well Known Member
I know there have been a number of posts about mounting the Airflow Performance Fuel Injection servo and the mounting brackets for the throttle and mixture cables. I just can't find one that's specific to my setup.

I have a vertical induction AFP servo. My "AFP servo mounting kit" came with three brackets for mounting the throttle and mixture cables. A big flat one that mounts between the sump and the AFP servo and extends rearward. Two other angled brackets which attach to the rear sides of the first bracket - a short one for the right and a longer one for the left side.

Has anyone else used these brackets? According to AFP they are designed for RV's using IO-360's but I don't think the long left side bracket will work on the 8A due to where the engine mount tubes extend at the rear of the engine.

If you have the same setup as me, did you use any of these three brackets? I'm thinking of using AFPs big center bracket and the right side angled bracket and fabricating a new bracket for the left side. Is this the best solution? If so, anyone have pictures of what they did? Seeing it would really help! Trial and error fitting of these parts could take me days!

Al Thomas
RV-8A QB
N880AT
FWF & wiring