frankh

Well Known Member
How well does it work?

I flew into Redmond Oregon today where it was about 96F on the ground..But I don't have the greatest oil cooling and by the time I taxiied in I had 212F oil temp at the ramp after I had climbed up to 10.5k to get over the Cascade mountains from 246MSL at Corvallis!

dropped off Killer Kate (she was going home to her Parents for the 4th July celebrations) and came back out into what felt like a blast furnace!

So I run Mogas and I'm a little nervous if the thing would have any chance of starting as I had heared it boiling in the injection lines as soon as I shut the motor down.

So I activated the purge valve and let it run while I did my prestart checklist (1 min 30 secs or so)

Hit the starter and it started right up no problem! Taxiing was a bit lumpy (localised boiling in the injector lines at idle) but other than that it worked fine.

FWIW

Frank

I was amazed to be honest!

How well does it work?

I flew into Redmond Oregon today where it was about 96F on the ground..But I don't have the greatest oil cooling and by the time I taxiied in I had 212F oil temp at the ramp after I had climbed up to 10.5k to get over the Cascade mountains from 246MSL at Corvallis!

dropped off Killer Kate (she was going home to her Parents for the 4th July celebrations) and came back out into what felt like a blast furnace!

So I run Mogas and I'm a little nervous if the thing would have any chance of starting as I had heared it boiling in the injection lines as soon as I shut the motor down.

So I activated the purge valve and let it run while I did my prestart checklist (1 min 30 secs or so)

Hit the starter and it started right up no problem! Taxiing was a bit lumpy (localised boiling in the injector lines at idle) but other than that it worked fine.

FWIW

Frank

I was amazed to be honest!

I like mine, glad I have it as an option. I to have stopped for fuel and had it pretty hot. Try to start normally and sure I can do the wide open throttle and maybe lean and wait for the kick to richen and pull back on the throttle nada nada.

Or I can just run the purge until stable and hit the starter and not look like a dumb dumb at the pump.

Where does the purge exit to?

I tapped mine into the left wing tank main feed line under my seat. I try to always leave the fuel valve on the right. But, on occation I have purged on the left tank, didn't do anything, still worked just fine???