lrfrey

Well Known Member
I was just trying to realign the existing fuel line that came installed on the AFP pump to clear the filter as many have noted is required with this kit. How in did some of you get the elbow to break free so it can be rotated?

I have put a "lot" of muscle into it and it has not budged, I'm a little afraid I'm going to break something.

As an aside, I have read a lot about the torque values for the compression fitting nuts and decided to see how much torque Airflow had on them since I had to remove them to bend the existing tubing... 100 in.lbs was the answer.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Larry

Larry,

Mine was incredibly tough to move as well. A fellow RV-8 guy and I thought I'd just have to live where it is. Then a day later I went at it again. It finally budged and I was able to rotate it into position. I used a crescent wrench with a longer arm. Used a little tape to protect the fitting.

- Scott

Thanks Scott, but how did you keep the brass nut it screws into from turning, I can't get a wrench on it. I would let it turn a little if I knew what it is (and what's inside).
Larry

lrfrey said:
...As an aside, I have read a lot about the torque values for the compression fitting nuts and decided to see how much torque Airflow had on them since I had to remove them to bend the existing tubing... 100 in.lbs was the answer.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Larry
Larry, it doesn't quite work that way. It take a lot more torque to initiate sliding than to continue it. That's the reason you always need to smoothly approach a torque value on a bolt. If you stop short of the desired value, it often takes more than the target torque to start turning again.

-mike