N941WR

Legacy Member
Today I called Fabian at Affordable Panels and I'm happy to report he is still in business. In fact, he never went out of buisness, contrary to some rumors.

He told me he has some additional panels that are not listed on his web site, so if you are looking for a panel that makes future maintenance easier or of a different than standard size, give him a try. BTW, he realizes his web site needs to be updated and he hopes to get to it soon.

One of his products that I highly recommend, in addition to his panel, is his Terminal Connector Kit. It includes over 250 nylon insulated terminals and a bunch of other things you need to get your wiring started.

BTW, his customer service is right up there with the best of them.

No joy

Have made several calls to the number posted on the website, trying to get information on an order I placed on July 2.

Tried several times yesterday and still no callback.

Got voicemail again this morning.

I was under the impression that he didn't go out of business, but was getting out of the aviation side because something else (boats?) was more profitable.

I was under the impression that he didn't go out of business, but was getting out of the aviation side because something else (boats?) was more profitable.
Nope, not true at all. He is still doing aviation work and would like to do more.

Just more rumors, which do nothing but hurt the guy?s business.

Follow up.

It appears that my order, although paid for and entered on his web site on July 2nd did not come to his attention until I finally was able to contact him today, a mere 9 days later.

So looks like I'll have a spare left blank panel, since I decided to try and get my project back underway. I fabricated my own left panel piece from some spare .90 I had lying around.

Draw whatever conclusion you will. Those are the facts.

Why even have a web site ordering system, if you don't check it?

YMMV

Just talked to Fabian yesterday about some drawings for my autopilot. He is a great guy, and is trying hard to run his business, and be a single parent while going through a difficult divorce. I'm sure he would appreciate your business, but expect an extended schedule.

Hi Everyone,

I don?t have the time to monitor any of the lists, so when I received a call from a customer who had read this post, I thought I should reply as soon as I had a break.

To Mr Portman, my apologies again. I spoke to him on Friday and explained the reason we had not processed his order. Although the culprit of the problem for his and other orders was Paypal, as owner of Affordable Panels, I must take the blame for any order(s) that is delayed or not received by a customer. Perhaps a more public apology in this forum, and my promise that the replacement plate will be on its way Monday or Tuesday, will convince him that it was just an unfortunate and innocent mistake. My deepest apologies.

As far as Affordable Panels, we did not and have not gone out of business. As some of you know we closed for 8 weeks between 11/2007 and 1/2008 to get a handle on my personal situation of going through a very bitter divorce. Nothing I can write on this forum will ever convey the sorrow of having to go through this experience on the same month my new baby girl was being born. Just an FYI - (if any of you are presently experiencing the difficulties of a bitter divorce with young kids involved and need moral support, please call me. I will provide anyone my listening skills and advice free of charge)

By the way, in 2008 Affordable Panels will be relocating to a bigger facility and some of the new products we are already offering will soon be on our website. Additionally, for the past three years, we have been providing an array of services which we have decided not to advertise publicly for fear that additional demand for those services could affect the existing customer base, but we will soon announce those as well.

Thank you to those who had kind words to say about our company.

Regards,

Fabian