AX-O

Well Known Member
I did a search however, did not find anything.

I am doing the paper work for my plane.

For those of you that have built a -3 (not quick built wing) or -4, what did you put on your paper work? And what, if any, are the pros and cons?

1) More than 50% of the aircraft was built from miscellaneous parts

or

2) More than 50% of the aircraft was built from a kit

Since I have made a lot of one-off parts for my project and bought other parts not supplied by Vans (more than the entire finishing kit equivalent), I am trying to figure out what to do. Thanks for any help you can provide.

I did a search however, did not find anything.

I am doing the paper work for my plane.

For those of you that have built a -3 (not quick built wing) or -4, what did you put on your paper work? And what, if any, are the pros and cons?

1) More than 50% of the aircraft was built from miscellaneous parts

or

2) More than 50% of the aircraft was built from a kit

Since I have made a lot of one-off parts for my project and bought other parts not supplied by Vans (more than the entire finishing kit equivalent), I am trying to figure out what to do. Thanks for any help you can provide.

DO NOT put "More than 50% of Aircraft was built from miscellaneous parts". The parts could have been from Certificated aircraft and open a BIG can of worms.

Thanks Condor. Cougar was going to call you with the same question. She is in the process also.

What I did

I simply used the VANs assigned serial # and the bill of sale from them. No need to elaborate. Keep it simple and get it done. Would be the same if you built from plans and not the "kit" parts. $5.00 registration, a couple hours with the FSDO and I had the pink slip.