N402RH

Well Known Member
Advanced Flight Systems has just released a new software version for the AF-5000 series with support for VFR Sectionals, IFR Charts, Flight Guide ? Airport Diagrams, and IFR Approach Plates, all Geo-Referenced.

3 Way Split with VFR Sectional
Engraved_bezel_Sectional_3-way.jpg

AFS Map with current METAR data
Engraved_bezel_AIRPORT_metar.jpg

Full Page VFR Sectional
Engraved_bezel_FULL_SEC.jpg

IFR Low
Engraved_bezel_FULL_IFR_LOW.jpg

Flight Guide ? Airport Diagrams
Engraved_bezel_FULL_AIRPORT_DIA.jpg

IFR Low with Flight Plan
Engraved_bezel_FULL_FLT_PLN_IFR_LOW.jpg

More information can be found at:

http://www.advanced-flight-systems.com/Products/AF-5600/af5600.html

Actual Video of it flying in our RV-10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUFTmPob-8s

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems Inc.
N402RH RV-10

Wow!!!

Great stuff Rob. I posted a couple of questions on the Support Forum.

Can't wait!!!

Answers to some of the questions we are getting:

1. Traffic is displayed on the SV, Map, VFR Sectional, IFR Chart, and Approach plate.

2. The airport diagrams are geo-referenced and are the same as the Flight Guideā„¢ brown books we all used to carry. There are over 4,800 airports in the database so you can be a lot safer when you taxi at an unfamiliar airport.

3. Currently the VFR sectional and IFR chart is north up, we are testing track up.

4. You can pan and zoom all the charts.

Yes, we are and have been shipping both the AF-5500 and AF-5600. We had a very large backlog and we are doing our best to catch up, the CNC mill is running over ten hours a day.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems Inc.
N402RH RV-10

Last edited:
I watched the video on YouTube and found myself looking up loan interest rates.....Rob and his team are amazing!

I probably don't want to hear the answer ...

Rob, Are any of these features/updates going to be released for the 4000 "s" series hardware? If so when? If not, what else can we expect as far as updates to the 4000 series?

Thanks

AFS has raise the ante by a great degree, as a GRT avid supporter, I am envious.

It is time for GRT to step up to the challenge.

Great job AFS.

Here are some pictures of the new AFS 5500 screens in action in my RV-10. I have around 10 hrs on the new screens with the latest software. The screens are working great. The one picture is VFR sectional up and the bad picture is the new updated rubber band feature which shows the heading and distance. This feature works on all maps. The features on these screens are awesome.
0_0_b552e03f15bf093eb25166e02a60e3ab_1

0_0_544d0b9f1d5e807eaafcf3e6bdcda358_1

Geoff

What does the mapping data cost to keep current? Sectionals, low enroutes, plates, etc...