N402RH

Well Known Member
AF-3500/3400 EFIS Update -Terrain

Here is a quick update on what we have been working on. We have hired more people and our new awesome Production Manager; Tricia Blank has delivery time down to 8 weeks and has promised that it will be under 4 weeks by the end of the year.

AFS Mapping with Color Terrain

We have posted new pictures of the moving map with the new terrain data on our Forum:

http://www.advanced-flight-systems.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67

The terrain data will be a free update for anyone that has our moving map option. We should have it in the hands of our beta testers next week.

ARINC-429

We have our ARINC-429 adaptor working and have units out being tested with a few customers. The ARINC adaptor will give you the following items with a 430W/530W:

1. VOR Nav Including setting the OBS on the EFIS
2. ILS Approach ARINC Data
3. GPS Nav ARINC Data
4. LPV Approach ARINC Data
5. LNAV/VNAV Approach ARINC Data
6. Course and heading data is also sent from the EFIS to the 430W/530W

Traffic

We are working on the GTX330 traffic interface and should have it on the map in the next month or two.

Subaru

We have just finished the software and interface for the Subaru Engine. You now have the option of displaying coolant temp, gearbox temp, and fuel flow from the injectors.

RV-10

I should have our RV-10 flying by the end of the year and ready for the trip to Sun-n-Fun in April. We are working on a couple of new features specifically for the RV-10:

1. Door warning system
2. Aircraft instrument, switch, and light dimming from the EFIS screen.

Sincerely,

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems
N401RH RV-4 N402RH RV-10

Last edited:
Way cool!

Wow! And I just received my AF-3500 EE sensor package today along with my radio stack. This is exciting stuff.

Couple of questions

1) How many of these features will be backwardly compatible for those of us who already have an AF-3400/3500 installed?

2) Can the map and terrain screens be customized similar to a Garmin GPS where you can choose what to display and what not to?

Looks spectactular Rob, way to go!!

AFS Terrain

?How many of these features will be backwardly compatible for those of us who already have an AF-3400/3500 installed??

It is completely backward compatible, we post the software and the latest database on our web site. All you will need to do is place a SD card with the new software in the unit on power up and in about 3 minutes you will be off and flying with the latest features.

?Can the map and terrain screens be customized similar to a Garmin GPS where you can choose what to display and what not to??

Yes, we are still working on a number of features that will be available in the near future. We currently have public and private airports and a very detailed airport information page. The next big feature will be the ability to turn off the terrain base map and display an IFR style chart with airways and traffic.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems
N401RH RV-4 (500+ Hours)
N402RH RV-10 (Wiring)