philb

Well Known Member
Friend
Feeling kind dumb here, but anybody with diagram for wiring these?

Looks like terminals 1 and 3 used for through grounding for the vpx system, and I thought terminal 7 used for led backlight power, but can't get to work...

Are terminal 5 and 6 needed?

Thought could get quicker answer here than emailing aerosport, will check with them if no answer here. Couldn't figure out from the carling website...

Thanks!

Feeling kind dumb here, but anybody with diagram for wiring these?

Looks like terminals 1 and 3 used for through grounding for the vpx system, and I thought terminal 7 used for led backlight power, but can't get to work...

Are terminal 5 and 6 needed?

Thought could get quicker answer here than emailing aerosport, will check with them if no answer here. Couldn't figure out from the carling website...

Thanks!

Phil,

You didn't mention which model switch you have. It is a little confusing, but a few minutes with an ohm meter it's pretty simple to figure out.

If you are using these on the VPX, you'll need to provide power from another circuit to drive the LEDs. The switches on the VPX go to ground when activated. I have both the VPX and these switches from Geoff.

These are dual poles switches, but with the VPX, think of using one pole to switch the intended device and the other pole for power to light the led.

The dpst pins are:

6 3
5 2

The dpdt pins are:

6 3
5 2
4 1

On all the models the pins on the right control the led. For example, connect 12vdc to pin 2 and ground to pin 7. The led will illuminate when pins 5 and 6 are switched together.

On the dpdt version with the single led, connect 12vdc to pin 2 and ground to pin 7. The led will light when pins 5 and 6 are switched, but will not light when 4 and 5 are switched together.

The dual led is the same, except the second led will light when 4 and 5 are switched together.

I know some folks prefer the led to be lighted all the time and not follow the switch logic. You can do that by putting 12vdc on pin 3.

You can also drive a device that is 12vdc using the pole that drives the led circuit as long as you don't use a dimmer on the LEDs. This would allow you to utilized both poles for switching.

Hopes this helps.....

Bob

Last edited: