dweyant

Well Known Member
I need some help with deciding on an engine.

Was planning on ordering the vans lycomng engine for my 9A.

But I found that Aerosport Power is offering, what looks like a really good deal on an IO-320. The web site says it is a $29,200 engine for $24,200.

The only difference I can see between the special and the normal engineer they sell is the one year versus three year warranty.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

-Dan

In late 2009, I got a "deal" on my IO-320 from Aerosport Power, and I couldn't be happier; it performs flawlessly. Their superb reputation is well deserved.

Not really sure what you are asking? Why so cheap for the IO-320's? IDK.

But would I go with Aerosport? Yes of course, my engine ships this week from them! Yes the warrantee is longer, and there are real people behind the phone you can talk to when needed. They have a long history of good support for the RV community. You get to custom spec your engine and accessories for your build, vs getting what's in the box from Lycoming. All good things in my experience. This will be my second engine from Aerosport Power.

That's the engine I bought. Received it in July last year. Don't know the story behind it though. It is a roller lifter. It's not like it was a smoking deal.... just very slightly less than a couple other quotes I received at the time. some photos on my build log.

One word "TITAN"

Don't buy anything until you see what is happening at Titan Aircraft Engines, major announcement at Sun N Fun:D

As an active duty Air Force RV builder, I had some unique challenges. Delays in delivery changes of address etc Bart and sue at aero sport accommodated flawlessly. This build would have been a real pain without great folks like those at aerosport and aerotronics by the way.