Try your local oil wholesaler if you have one in town. The one here in town carries several brands of aviation oil and the prices are as low as anywhere. He will also order in any kind that I want with no freight charge. Don

Are you going to OSH?
Last year they had it for 50/case (for the 15w50) ... would even deliver it to your campsite with the Gator. You shoulda seen that guy chug the beer we offered him ... it was hot that day! :D

T.

Not here...

yakdriver said:
Try your local oil wholesaler if you have one in town. The one here in town carries several brands of aviation oil and the prices are as low as anywhere. He will also order in any kind that I want with no freight charge. Don
Unfortunately not true here... our local oil wholesaler seems to charge close to full list price (plus tax)... :(

gil in Tucson

Mike,
Are you buying in the US or UK?
I use Silmid over here (www.silmid.co.uk) . Free delivery on orders over ?50 and pretty good prices.

If you're filling container space, remember to take into account excise duty and VAT when it returns to the UK.

Thanks guys,

May try Elite, it is a good price.

I bought some Aeroshell from an online source last year in the US. I take it home with me when I am in FL - take my Mobil 1 home as well - half the price compared to the Uk.

Mark - I have used Silmid, this way is much cheaper and it is not IOSA/IATA hazmat so it goes in my suitcase - in a plastic bag !

I got the website from here last year so if anyone gets their oil that way, please put a link on.

Thanks