Finley Atherton

Well Known Member
Is it acceptable to reuse the Aeroquip 816-6D fittings from an old fuel line to make a new fuel line??
Thanks

Fin
9A

Last edited:
Still Awake.

They're all asleep Fin.
It's 0200 on the West Coast and 0500 in the East.

Pete.

PS. Which fuel line are you making.
Pete.

Asleep?

We're not all asleep. i'm awake and reading all manor of great info while watching my job run itself - 5:18 a.m. - yawn!

Absolutely not. I work on a paper machine. It wraps up paper all night long and about 5 of us monitor the various systems that make it all happen - very boring.

The one shining light that keeps me going is that the paper we're making is being used to print the Victoria's Secret catalogs. I always bug my wife to go in their store so I can check out the catalog. No, we don't get samples at work.

fodrv7 said:
They're all asleep Fin.
It's 0200 on the West Coast and 0500 in the East.

Pete.

PS. Which fuel line are you making.
Pete.
Pete,
Nearly my bed time also. After finally deciding on the location of the fuel flow transducer, I am remaking the fuel lines to fit.

Fin.

Previous Life.

In my previous life I remember trying to stay awake at 0500hrs (in a different time zone to the one I took-off in)
Anything to help. An engine failure would have worked, but the punters wouldn't have liked it.

So it was mostly telling lies with the FO and drinking coffee.

As they say, "Pilots are strange people who talk about women when they are flying and about aeroplane when they are with women".

Sorry, Fin, I've hijacked your post.
Pete.

Does this help.
fuelselector1wc2.jpg

Floscan

Fin,
There was a post on this last month.
Stay awake for a minute whilst I find it.
P.

Like.....

Reading this thread with my morning juice was like watching a tape of two night-time security guards at a closed shopping mall....so THIS is what goes on at the VAF forums while most of us are sleeping..... ;)

Just don't forget to sweep up the mess before you leave for the morning guys... :p

Oh, Fin - I do re-use fluid fittigns, and I know many A&P's with a box of them that re-use them as well. As long as they look good, I see little problem.

Paul

Midnight in Moscow.

Morning Paul,
A couple of Bowmore's single malts has set me in LOP cruise mode, ready for bed.

Enjoy Friday. I already have.
It's offically the weekend (Saturday) here.

Pete.

PS. Doing battle with the time differences at the moment, as my beautiful Edita is in San Diego, Calif.
P

I've reused them on several occasions. As long as the threads are in good shape and they haven't been stressed or otherwise damaged. Probably good for several recycles.

The reason I asked this question was because some time ago I took the fittings off one of the Vans supplied prefabricated hoses (see photo). The one on the right looks OK. The one on the left has somehow had the tapered end bent inwards so that there is virtually no clearance around the inner tube/shaft :eek:. Have a good look at your fittings if you reuse them.
Fin
9A

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]