BDFLYER

Quick question for the experts amongst us:

I am moving from Aeroquip 303 with standard aluminum AN fittings to Areoquip 666 (mostly to address the 303 degradation risk when using MOGAS with up to 15% alcohol content, especially on the returns).

Unfortunately, 666 uses stainless (CRES) fittings, though mechanically compatible, I have some concerns on having the 666's AN stainless fittings connected to AN aluminum fittings.

Any sense from the crowd on if my perceived risks around possible corrosion is well founded?

Last edited:
Where do you have aluminum fuel fittings forward of the firewall?
Mechanical fuel pump is steel. There are only a couple more. There is one train of thought that says to use steel only. I do. Change them out. Solves the aluminum/SS galling question and removes any issue with aluminum fittings forward of the firewall

So, the use here is not FWF. If we set aside the discussion on FWF or not, any thoughts on the core question?

I'm not aware of any corrosion issues with anodized aluminum fittings and stainless or any other types. Anodized aluminum is pretty inert/ impervious to most aviation materials.