jim

Well Known Member
Hi guys,

My left strobe quit functioning. I have the aeroflash double wing tip system. When I took the wing tip off I found the middle (black) wire was out of the plastic connector,so it probably fried the power supply. I plugged that back in and it still would not work. I took the other wing tip off and hooked up the left on the right side and the flash tube is still good. I checked power at the wire to the strobe and it's there. checked the output from the connector coming out of the power supply on both sides, getting reading on the good side and nothing on the nonfunctional side. Therefore I think the power supply died.

Are these things fixable or are they throw aways. With it all riveted together it looks like they probably aren't repairable or serviceable, but I'm not sure. I tried calling aeroflash but they are closed. Any one have a similar problem? Were they rebuildable or not? Who has the best prices on these and who would you deal with to just get one supply?
The supply model # is 152-0011

Thanks in advance,

I had a Aeroflash unit repaired by them a year or so ago. It was a flat $45.00 and that included shipping and a new six month warranty. Fast service too...

power supply

I recently had the same problem. I talked to Aeroflash and they recommended ACS. Seems like I talked to AF a while back and they was selling rebuilt ones for something like $45 but when it came time to order I had to get a new one from ACS.

Keep use posted on the outcome as I paid over $90 from ACS.

aeroflash

Thanks for the replies,

I will call aeroflash tomorrow and keep you posted as to the outcome.

aeroflash

Just an update,

I called aeroflash today and asked if they rebuild these power supplies. The lady I spoke with said they do if the unit was manufactured within the last 5 years. The cost she quoted was $37.50 plus shipping. I sent the unit out to them today and will update you when I receive it back from them.

More later,