Ron B.

Well Known Member
Could someone please direct me to some literature Van's has published pertaining to aerobatics in the 14 .
Thanks

V-speeds and aerobatic gross are listed on the main Vans site for the 14. It's a +6G/-3G design like the other aerobatic models. What other info are you looking for?

Applying to have the "AEROBATICS PROHIBITED" restriction removed from my RV-14A. Transport Canada said they would like what ever information that Van's has available regarding aerobatics in the RV-14.

From the "Aerobatics" section on Van's website:

"The RV-3B, RV-4, RV-7/7A, RV-8/8A and RV-14/14A have been designed for the operational stress limits of the aerobatic category (+6.0/-3.0 G) at and below their aerobatic gross weights. The operational stress limits for these aircraft between their aerobatic gross weights and their maximum design gross weights are utility category (+4.4/-1.75 G). The RV-9/9A, RV-10 and RV-12 are not designed for aerobatic flight."

This article by Van himself on competition aerobatics mentions the RV-14, "IAC Aerobatics in RVs". It includes a good addendum on preparing your RV for aerobatics by Ron Schreck.

Also see the article "An Aerobatic Epistle", also by Van himself:

The RV-14 W&B lists the Aerobatic Gross Weight and associated CG limits:

Last edited:
Thank you very much Carl, just what I was looking for. After seeing your links I was able to actually find them on Van's site. Well hid.
Thanks again Ron