redhawk

Well Known Member
I know a while ago there was a push to form a RV aerobatics course somewhere... Does anyone know of a place to go for RV aerobatic instruction?

I would recommend starting in an aircraft like a Pitts or Extra where you can really push the limits without bending anything. I attended Sean D. Tucker's Tutima Academy in King City, CA and it was the most beneficial and educational experience of my flying career. Once you understand that basics of all the maneuvers, take someone up in your RV that knows aerobatics and learn how to apply your new skills to the RV.

You won't find an aerobatic school that instructs in the RV because schools are commercial operations and cannot use experimental aircraft. Recommend you find a good school near you that uses Decathlons or Extras and learn the basics, starting with spin and departure recovery. Once you learn the basics the transition to your RV should be pretty easy. You might want to join your local IAC chapter for some good mentoring. Schools and chapters are listed on the IAC web site.